Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Knitting! A New Obsession



My mum patiently taught me to knit when I was little. She's a jack-of-all-trades, my mum: she can turn her hands to just about anything. She used to make little outfits for my Sindy doll. It's long gone now of course (and I couldn't find the exact one on the Internet) but I particularly remember an outfit she knitted for Sindy which was a lemon pleated skirt, matching jacket and a handbag. I loved the lemon colour and the perfect lines of the finely stitched little pleats. Sindy looked really good in that outfit!

I haven't knitted in years, however. I've always preferred embroidery. I started in February again, I think as a way of relaxing during what is always a stressful school period (I'm a teacher). I bought some nice colourful needles, found a pattern and got started. Only two months later and I have a dedicated knitting box and a long list of lovely projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment